Energy label mandatory
When selling a home, you must ensure that your home has an energy label otherwise you risk a fine of over €400 at the time of transfer.

Do I already have an energy label?
Your home may already have an energy label, for example because it was requested by the previous owners or because you live in a young home. You can use this website to look up your energy label or that of a house you want to buy. Please note that if you have a provisional label, this is NOT sufficient. You then still need to apply for a final energy label.

Apply for energy label
To apply for an energy label, go to and log in with your DigiD.

Here you answer some questions about your home. For example, does it have double glazing, is there roof insulation etc. It comes with some handy and clear instructional videos to get you started. You must upload “evidence” to show that the items specified are correct. For example, you should take a picture of the glass in the window frames if there is double glazing.

At the end of all the steps, you need to select an expert who will check the application and award the energy label. The prices of the experts range from €5 to €50 and it varies from expert to expert how fast they work and or how payment is made. Choosing an expensive auditor is not necessary. For around € 10 you should already have a fine expert.